Job Specification: Industrial Engineer
Working at TransLution
TransLution™ serves the specialised needs of manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution companies. Our main objective is to provide practical technology products that deliver competitive advantage to our customers, while providing improvements in their operating efficiency and stock control to deliver significant cost savings. In a nutshell we are developers of software to collect, manage and automate data which allows us to drive efficiencies within our clients’ operations.
The TransLution™ team includes software developers, business consultants, system implementation consultants and customer support specialists working together to ensure great results.
We are a dynamic, innovative global business with offices in North America, Europe, Australia, and South Africa. We offer fast paced and challenging work in a growing company environment that promotes growth and learning amongst our staff.
Purpose of the Role
The key purpose of the role of the Industrial Engineer within TransLution™, is to serve as the primary contact and interface with our clients. The incumbent will also be responsible for the successful roll-out of the developed solutions.
Critical to the success of this person will be a full understanding of Client business needs, interpretation of these requirements and the development of proposals and solutions, in conjunction with various team members, to bring about significant added value.
In addition, this person will play a role within project management, training as well as the development of applicable documentation such as test procedures, specifications, and training material.
The successful candidate would be required to be a true problem solver. They need to be able to use their own skills, expertise, and initiative to identify problems and develop effective solutions.
The position requires a person who is able to work on multiple clients and projects simultaneously, can thrive under pressure and is able to manage a project team to deliver a project on time and within cost constraints.
The role requires a high level of competence in terms of understanding how factories, warehouses, logistics, operations, and business processes work and integrate in order to interpret and brief the Technical Lead on the project.
Overview of the Role
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer process.
- Identify key pain points which can be solved using TransLution.
- Conduct workshops to uncover the true process and underlying issues.
- Develop a Business Requirements Specification (BRS) that captures the client’s needs and expectations.
- Compile a project plan detailing the steps and resources required to deliver the project.
- Work with the Technical Consultant to develop a Technical Specification based on the BRS.
- Evaluate the solution with the Technical Consultant prior to a customer demonstration.
- Test the solution to ensure no errors or bugs are present and conduct User Acceptance Tests together with the clients designated champion.
- Provide training to client super users and oversee the training of all users by the super users.
- Take the solution live and deal with any issues that occur during the go-live phase of the project.
- Prioritise issues that arise that need to be addressed by the technical team.
- Compile a snag list and track fixes.
- Obtain final sign-off from client.
- Handover project and project documentation to support.
- Training and mentoring junior team members
- Travel to local and international customer sites is required
Requirements of the role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, design, business, IT, or other related field
- Project management certification would be advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in user-centred design and development, preferably in more than one role and organisation
- Basic SQL and SSRS knowledge
- Proven experience leading design and development projects
- A person with experience in warehousing, manufacturing or logistics is preferred
- Experience with Syspro, Sage 200, Sage 300, Microsoft Dynamics for Manufacturing, SAP Business One or other mid-tier ERP solutions would be highly beneficial
- Ability to multitask across multiple project initiatives and work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage a project team to meet project deliverables and deadlines
- Positive energy and get-it-done attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and motivate others
- Ability to compile clear, concise, and readable specifications and other documents is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- The successful candidate will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa at our office in Rivonia
- We have adopted a hybrid work arrangement
- The Industrial Engineer position is a permanent role
- Commencement: ASAP
- The role entails some travel
- A valid Driver’s License and own vehicle is required
- As an equal opportunity employer, we recognise, appreciate and value diversity and inclusion. As an employer we do not discriminate against employees based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability
Interested applicants should forward their CV to [email protected]